Add narrations, interviews or other audio content
There are two ways to use Audio Presentations in your iPoster:
- You can present an overview of your work or take visitors on a guided tour, by using the AUDIO PRESENTATION button on your template’s Main Toolbar. Visitors will be able to explore your iPoster as they listen to your presentation.
- You can explain specific aspects of your research, include interviews, or other recordings by using the INSERT AUDIO button in each of the Content boxes.
Follow these 4 steps
1. Record your audio file. You can use your mobile device or a more sophisticated system, but we recommend using a microphone. It’s a good idea to rehearse your readings before recording. And review them after you’ve recorded! Are they clear and easy to understand? Recordings should be no longer than 3 minutes.
2. The iPoster System accepts only audio files in MP3 format. If you can’t record in that format, you’ll need to convert your files to MP3. This is easy to do using one of the free on-line file-format converters. There are many of them, but here is a simple one that we have tested: freeconvert.com
3. Insert your audio into your iPoster
- If you want to add a general audio presentation for your whole iPoster, click on the AUDIO PRESENTATION button on the Main Toolbar. An upload dialogue will open up. You can either browse your computer or drag and drop the audio file into the “Choose audio file“ field.
- If you want to add an audio file to a Content Box, place your cursor in the position you want the audio file to display. Click on the INSERT AUDIO button in the formatting menu at the top of the Content Box. An upload dialogue will open up. You can either browse your computer or drag and drop the audio file into the field.
4. Test your file in Preview. If you added a general audio presentation using the
AUDIO PRESENTATION button on the Main Toolbar, you will see that a button for Audio Presentation appears at the bottom of your iPoster. If you added a file within a Content Box, you’ll see a Play arrow.